When you click on a page, scroll past this week's featured photo to view.

WELCOME!

This site is dedicated to sharing what we have learned with you! Enjoy our tutorials, and if you have a question please feel free to ask! I know one of our sugar enthusiasts will either know or try to find the answer.
We all have something to share...and we all have something to learn!


___________________________________________________________



Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace

Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace
Click on photo for Earlene Moore's tutorial for beautiful fondant lace and have fun with your next cake!


.............................................................................................................................

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
.............................................................................................................................



Monday, September 14, 2009

Making Your Own Molds

This is a very inexpensive product to use if you wish to make your own molds.

I live out in the boonies and I don't have access to cake shops out here and sometimes ordering on line can be very costly! So if you are willing to take the time to make your own, it is very well worth it!! You can buy it at Michaels.

You can go the Amazing Mold Putty's website to learn even more!! There are videos and pictures on how to do it!!

I recently entered a cake competition and these are the molds that I made for the wedding cake entry.

Working with the putty is very easy!! You just need to plan ahead and make sure you know what you want to do. Find the object that you want to use. Then you mix the two types of putty together. You have to do this quickly!! You have only a 3 minutes to mix and mold!!! Then you let it sit for 25 minutes to set up. Then your mold is ready to use!! Also make sure that if you are going to be using your molds for sugar or food, do not use it with anything else. These molds can be used with fondant, gumpaste, chocolate, isomalt or poured sugar and to make ice!! So many possibilities.
Here is the mold that I made for the buttons on the back of this wedding cake. I should have pushed the real button into the mold a little more, but it still worked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was very easy making the lace embroidery for the bodice of my cake. The hard part was finding something that I liked and cutting it out!!
I used this heart shape for the brooch on the sash. I found all of my pieces at Michaels. This piece was to be used for a real necklace but I thought it was the best fit for my design. So I made the mold, but needed to cut the loop off after it was removed from the mold. I also put one on my topper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used this shape to go between all of the petal indentations. I first made the heart shape and let dry. Then I used super pearl luster dust mixed with lemon extract to paint the shimmer on.
Here is a picture of the whole cake. Thanks for looking!!!

Tutorial Courtesy of Rhonda Christensen
2009
All Rights Reserved

This material may not be republished or reproduced in any manner without the expressed permission of the author.

11 comments:

  1. Wow that is a great way of learning how to make your own molds!

    Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that stuff in my shop, love it, love using it. There are more mold how to's on Youtube also! My next project is a 3-D mold! M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tutorial. Thank you! I have been wanting to make my own mold and I thought you could only use the silicone stuff that is really expensive. So thanks for sharing that info. Your cake is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet comments!! I'm so glad that this is so easy to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this material. The best part is, that you can even find it at Michaels Stores. So accesible!. Great tutorial!
    Edna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rhonda! That was fantastic and your cake is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff , i used it ages ago for polymerclay arts .

    your tut about it is great and your cake is very beautiful.

    greetings and hugs brigitta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This is great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate your comments and always look forward to hearing from you!

However we do not like spam, derogatory comments, or foul language. We would appreciate it if your would refrain from doing so or your comment will be deleted.

Search This Blog

The Tutorials This Week Were Generously Shared by

RHONDA CHRISTENSEN, EARLENE MOORE, BOBBIE NOTO, EDNA DE LA CRUZ & TONI BRANCATISANO

And to ALL of our Readers...

Above all, have fun and keep baking!

Think CHOCOLATE!

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto
I was instantly in love when Bobbie Noto shared this cookie with SugarTeachers! She is an amazing talent. For instructions on how to create this adorable cookie, click on the photo and don't forget to subscribe to Bobbie's website!

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano
How beautiful! A great tutorial shared byToni Brancatisano. Click on photo to see the tutorial!

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake
Click on link for Edna De La Cruz's dee-lish cake recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails